Another honest Toyota Corolla – just fitted with a 200-kilowatt 3.5-litre V6 engine.
Toyota built a couple-thousands of these V6-powered hot-rodded Corollas, and they've garnered quite the cult following already.
Toyota unbelievably fitted its 3.5-litre ‘2GR’ V6 engine into its humble Corolla hatchback.
It’s the same engine that’s seen duties in the Lexus IS350, Toyota Crown, Toyota Mark X, Toyota Aurion, and a million other cars. Called the Toyota Blade, it’s essentially a Corolla-based vehicle that was sold exclusively in Japan over a three-year period from 2007 until 2009.
In that time, Toyota only sold 2,880 examples of its Blade Master, making it quite a rare car from what is the largest car brand in the world. And of that 2,880 cars it produced, only 426 examples were ever finished ‘075’ Cool White pearl.
This example is also one-of-few with a factory aero kit too, consisting of a front spoiler, side skirts and a rear bumper lip. The six-speed auto features paddle-shifters to entice the driver, and on a sweeping back road the old Blade isn’t a bad thing to have at your side.
Toyota beefed up the suspension and brakes to handle the extra potency – just stick your head under the back and take a look at the upgraded levels of rear-axle adjustment it has
Our Toyota Blade was built in October 2008 and is a ‘Master G’ trim level.
That means it’s powered by a 3.5-litre naturally-aspirated V6 engine dubbed ‘2GR-Fe’ with 206kW of power and 344Nm of torque.
Our car has covered just 50,500 kilometres from new. As a ‘Master G’ model it features an Alcantara interior, adaptive cruise control, smart keyless entry, and start, electric seats, and high intensity discharge (HID) headlights.
It comes with two keys, too.
What made this car special:
- 2008 Toyota Blade Master G
- 3.5-litre V6 engine
- Six-speed auto / front wheel drive
- Factory aero kit!
- USS Auction grade 4.0C
- Factory equipment: Climate control air conditioning, electric seats, keyless entry and start, reverse camera, automatic headlights
- Factory options: Adaptive cruise control, black Alcantara interior, smart keyless entry and start.
- Japanese de-registration paperwork and auction paperwork available
- The price is for the vehicle landed in Australia. complied ready for road use/road worthy nationally in any state/territory in Australia and NSW registration
With a 3.5-litre V6 engine crammed under its bonnet, the Toyota Blade Master will likely surprise a few at the red light Grand Prix.Some legend